Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wasatch Back - Team Shaka Laka


Wow, it's been quite the weekend! Last weekend, Trevor and I participated in the Wasatch Back Relay race with many members of my family and then a few other friends. It was probably the most difficult thing I have ever done but also one of the funnest (yes, funnest) and most exciting things I have ever done. We were privileged enough to have the support of my brother James's company, hence we were Team Shaka Laka - pretty catchy huh? The race took us 30 hours and 4 mintues. ( just don't tell anyone the BYU cross country team did it in 20 hours.) Here are some awesome pictures of the torture:

C'mon Jenny! You can do it!




This picture of Natalie will probably be the the front cover of Runner's Magazine next month. Natalie pretty much flew down this hill.



This is Dad ringing the cowbell to cheer people on. If you look closely, you can see Trevor out the front window.

Trevor's ever dreaded hill......but he didn't walk!

Oh....the torture!

What a wonderful experience! I'm glad there's a whole year between races...oh yes, we have already signed up for next year. Those crazy runners!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, great effort. Happy races. How exhausted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look a little tired :) Nice pictures! I love them

    ReplyDelete