Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Christmas, New Years, Crawling and my new obsession!

Yes, it has been awhile since I've updated the blog. I'm sure you will understand why after reading this post.

Christmas was wonderful this year. We stuck around town and spent time with family and friends. It was a very relaxing Christmas but also a lot of fun. McKaylee loved all the paper and boxes, of course, but she liked her presents as well. Here are a few pictures of her very first Christmas.

Thanks Lisa and Lance for the hat and treats!
Bradley cousins.
Christmas morning

McKaylee loved the Christmas tree! She liked looking at the pretty lights and playing with the beads.

The week after Christmas we headed up to the Hatch's family cabin for New Years. It was very, very, very cold (-20° at times!). It was a lot of fun though. McKaylee put up with getting bundled up and riding in on the snowmobile. The ride put her right to sleep. She did really well up there except for sleeping....she kind of wanted her bed. We played lots of games, read books and of course welcomed in the new year!

Here are Trevor and Dad welcoming in the New Year!
The champion snowmobiler! He wanted to go all the time no matter what the temperature outside! Mean Uncle Trevor made him wait to go out until it was at least 0°F.

McKaylee loved her bath up there. She had so much fun splashing in the water and was the entertainment for the night.

Getting ready for bed and reading stories.
The oh-so-long and cold trail to the outhouse.

Thanks for the fun trip Mom and Dad Hatch!

Well, McKaylee is going crazy with her new found freedom. She has finally figured out how to crawl and it has been the greatest thing ever. She is soooo much more self-entertained now. She loves finding toys, following you around the house, climbing up on things....playing, playing, playing! We are still finding places around the house that have not quite been baby proofed, but I'm sure we'll find them all eventually. She has a funny froggy crawl sometimes as she tries to put her feet underneath her instead of her knees, but most of the time she's got it down pretty good. Here's a cute video of one of the the first times she crawled.



And now for my new obsession and the reason this blog hasn't been updated in months! For my birthday last November I asked my sister-in-law Alisha to teach me how to crochet. Little did I know what I was getting myself into! If there is such thing as an unhealthy obsession with crochetting, I think I have reached that point, but I am having so much fun! Here are some of the things I've created:

Mary-Jane baby shoes.
Baby boots.
Ear-warming head bands.
Hat
Headband with flowers
Blanket for McKaylee. It's not quite finished yet, but you can see the basics of it.

I have had so much fun making all kinds of things, and I'm not sure that my appetite will be filled until I've tried my hand at everything! I want to try something a little more complicated next, I'm thinking of a skirt or dress for McKaylee. Thankfully there's all kinds of things to try and make out there. Thanks Alisha for teaching me! I've had so much fun with it, even though it consumes all my free time.

And just to make you smile.....


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe all you've made! Good work, I'm so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so fun! Love all the things you have created with you new found obsession! Can't wait to have a little girl so you can make me some fun stuff!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure that picture of McKaylee eating is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. She is such a cutie. Love all your creations too. You seriously have got some skill! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You are an incredible mom! I love the pictures! Why didn't you tell me your sister was a photographer, silly! love you!

    ReplyDelete